Friday 26 April 2013

Book Review - Existence by Abbi Glines

The main reason why I love to read is because I'm able to get so involved and actually feel like I'm apart of something bigger than my normal average life and that, surprisingly, makes me extremely happy! You're able to fall in and out of love with characters, share their happy and sad moments, get angry with them and also be brave with them! :)
So, when I started to read Existence by Abbi Glines, I immediately fell in love. Existence was one of the best books I had read.

Pagan has been seeing ghosts her entire life - usually they don't bother her unless they notice she can see them, which happens rarely. So when a ghost actually talks to her in school - she doesn't know what to think. Not only does this ghost talk to her - but he follows her and tries to help her, which wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't smokin' hot and Death

Pagan is a great lead character - she's strong, smart, funny and impossible not to like. She goes through some challenges in this book and you can't help but cheer her on and hope she makes it.
Dank is death. Yes when I say death I mean he leads away people's souls when they die - he doesn't actually kill them. But even so - you can't help but love him. He came into this story preparing Pagan for when she dies and yet... he saves her and begins to protect her - I mean, what can hurt what death protects right? Dank is dark and mysterious and a total dream.
But then there's Leif - the heartthrob of the school who has had a thing for Pagan for who knows how long - granted he didn't even tell her but still - when Pagan starts tutoring him they form a connection and Pagan starts to like him - which leads to a love triangle which gets very exciting.

Overall - I love this book, it has a great story, it's intriguing and fast paced - you can't help but love the characters and want them to succeed in whatever may be thrown at them







No comments:

Post a Comment