Tuesday 7 May 2013

Question

I recently received an email the other day asking about the tattoo on my arm. The question was whether or not I felt as though I was committing copyright and why couldn't I have came up with a quote myself. 

Basically, the first ever books I bought was the Night World series by L.J. Smith and this was when I was14/15. These books were what gave me the desire to start reading because of the imagination and captivation that was in them and when I first read that quote I immediately fell in love with the words. This is because I felt as though I could relate to them, and the story. Yes I took it from the book but there's a difference between copying something because you can or for the sake of it, or taking something you can relate to and learn from. 

Reading that quote, being a girl and also being 14/15, it was nice to see something that was true, yes, no one will live forever including the people you hold dear, no one will stay young and beautiful forever, but no one, including myself will be alone if there's love in my life, and that's what I love most about it :)

I know tattoos aren't everyone's cup of tea, but if its something that you find meaningful and want to remember for the rest of your life, why not?

I was also asked about my other tattoo, my other tattoo is the Celtic symbol for sisterhood. My two sisters and myself got it and I'll have a picture below :)


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment