Monday 29 July 2013

Book Review - The Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day

The Crossfire Series 
Disclaimer - This book contains mature adult content and would not be suitable for anyone under the age of 18





The Crossfire Series follows the highly emotional and romantic journey of Gideon Cross and Eva Tramell. Eva newly moves to New York with her best friend Cary whom she is also living with - Eva and Cary have known each other for a long time, even before they moved to New York so their bond is strong - they know each other's strengths and weaknesses and know how to comfort each other when times get tough.

As for Eva and Gideon, well... Their relationship is intense throughout the whole series. From the very beginning and even after the first few days without even knowing each other - their interactions have been lustful and heated and you know that they will do anything to be with each other - and I mean anything.

Eva is perfect as the lead female character - she strong and passionate - yet caring and kind. She has had a troubled past, which she bravely tells Gideon after only dating a short while in order to prepare him in case the press finds out and publishes it, which she thinks would ruin his reputation. She is open in terms of what she needs from him in the relationship, emotionally and physically and isn't scared to inform him that she is a jealous type - basically she has backbone and she isn't afraid to use it!

Gideon... Gideon is intense, and I mean intense. There have been a lot of speculation that he is similar to Christen Grey which I can understand, but I personally prefer Gideon. I will admit though at the start I really didn't like him. He was possessive, in a scary way and as I said before, he is intense. The reason I didn't like these things about him was because I personally don't agree with the possessive nature some males tend to have and I think every one should be able to control what he/she says or does. However, throughout the series, you learn things about Gideon and his past and begin to understand how he came about becoming the controlling and intense man that he is today.
With this being said... by the end of the series, I loved him!

Throughout the series, if you decide to read it - you will fall in love with this story. I was rooting for Eva and Gideon throughout their whole journey and even Cary (who I know I haven't mentioned much) who I hope will figure out his path. The great news which I have just figured out is that...........
..
..
..


Their story isn't over yet! Initially is was the Crossfire Trilogy but he has been changed to series and there are two more books expected to be released in order to finish this series off! I am so excited - I cannot wait to see where their journey will take them!

Also if you are looking for something similar to Fifty Shades of Grey I would highly recommend this series! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment