Thursday 18 July 2013

ANGELFALL (Penryn And The End Of Days Book 1) by Susan Ee

Angelfall (Penryn and the end of days) was originally a book I had seen advertised on Facebook (of all places.) The first thing that caught my attention was definitely the cover - it's so simple but automatically had drawn me in and made me want to know about the book. I found the book then on Amazon and I had a read at the description and also the reviews. After reading such good reviews and also an amazing description I had to get it! I think I had read it in about 2 days and that was me trying to pace myself but anyway. 
I fell in love with the story... an Angel apocalypse? Who would have thought. 

Penryn is trying to make her through Silicon Valley in order to get to a safer destination, accompanied by her mother and her disabled sister when she witnesses a gruesome battle between the angels. Unusual, yes, and no one knows why the Angels have came to take over the world we know, gangs run the deserted streets and alleys while the Angels run the sky. 

Angelfall is compelling. Penryn's apocalypse is bloody and brutal, humans are turning on each other - not really to the same standard as the Angels but that's no matter, especially if your able to snag yourself an Angel's body part. Luckily though, Penryn is at the hem, who is smart, kind, loyal like no other and also a Martial Arts pro due to her mother's extremely worrying schizophrenic behaviour, and let's not forget about Raffe, the injured Angel who ultimately helps Penryn - these two make an excellent pair!

So overall... this is a fantastic book! I recommend for everyone to read it, even if you are sceptical about magical creatures I guarantee you will love it just as much as I do, and I can't wait for the sequel. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment