Sunday 29 March 2015

L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation and Primer


As you can see, my skin is very matte in the areas where I don't have a highlighter which is my nose, cheekbones and cupids bow



L'Oreal is fast becoming my favourite drugstore brand yet, they're products are absolutely amazing and the quality of each is superb. I bought the Infallible 24H Matte foundation and Primer a few weeks ago when they were on offer for £6.99 each in Superdrug and I've been trying them out for quite a while as well, I actually have two shades of the foundation - Porcelain and Sand Beige but for the purpose of this review I decided to do Porcelain as I don't usually show my pale foundations.

The foundation and Primer are fabulous together! The Primer has a very light texture and smooths onto the skin like a dream giving it a matte appearance. It doesn't feel greasy or sticky and doesn't leave any kind of residue on your skin.
The foundation matches me very well which is a bit surprising because usually I can't find one that does. It has quite a thicker texture/feel to it without it being too heavy, my skin still feels natural and like it's able to breath. The coverage is fairly high and is definitely build able without looking cakey - and it also applies matte onto the skin.

The staying power is also incredible, I wore this for a few days from around 8am to about 6.30-7pm and it did not budge, at all. It lasted well around 10.5 hours without a touch up, though that could be contributed to the fact I have dry skin, but even without that I'd say this would last a decent amount of time on any skin type

I do have dry skin so I was a bit wary when I first picked this foundation up, but I can honestly say I haven't had any problems with this foundation clingy to any dry areas or making me look patchy and I think it is mostly down the the fact I moisturise before I apply primer/foundation and also because of the Primer itself, helping to smooth out my skin - so even if you do have dry skin, I would highly recommend this duo, they are brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment