Friday 2 August 2013

Book Review - Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Like most books, the cover is what automatically entices me in and therefore gets me to read the blurb and so on. This book is no exception - I loved the cover and definitely wanted to know more about it.
This book is an adaptation of the Persephone Story which you would have heard within Greek Mythology or if you've read the Goddess Test books by Aimee Carter.

Nikki Beckett was enticed to the underworld known as the Everneath by the devious immortal Cole. Cole can take away her pain and leave her numb, which is what she desperately needs. But time moves differently in the Everneath - she was there, in the tunnels attached to Cole for 100 years - but only 6 months passed on the surface.  
When she leaves the tunnels and returns to the surface - she has only 6 months before they come to claim her - six months to fix her life with her family - and the boy whose name she can't remember but only his face. But Cole has another plan - he wants to make Nikki Queen of the Everneath - therefore making him King.

What I liked about this book is that it tells of times that happened before Nikki went to the Everneath with Cole - so you get a better understanding as to why she went and what lead her to make that decision.

I loved this book. Nikki is a great lead character - she's smart, strong and loyal and loves with all her heart. She will do whatever it takes to ensure that she can remain on the surface and rebuild her life and her relationships. 
this leads on to there being a somewhat "love triangle," between Nikki, Jack (the boy whose face she knows) and Cole. Personally at the start I was torn between Jack and Cole - Jack is the typical caring, protective boyfriend whereas Cole is smouldering, dangerous and a bad boy.
Ultimately - I have to go with Cole and if you read the book then you can make up your mind. 

I really did enjoy reading this book and I even have the second book (Everbound) sitting waiting for me to start reading - which I will also do a review on



No comments:

Post a Comment