Saturday 24 August 2013

How Young is Too Young to Wear Make-up

I'm not sure about other places - but I know where I live and in my local towns and schools, the age were girls start wearing make-up is getting younger and younger.
I'm not opposed to wearing make-up - obviously - but at the age of 12 and having a full face, not even done correctly, is not something I personally agree with. There have been a lot of shows and reports where younger girls are wearing make-up and even the clothing that they were are seen as provocative and can put them in danger, so I don't understand why they're being allowed to do it - and sometimes it's the parents who are influencing them.
 I will admit I started wearing make-up around 14/15 because at that age I was so insecure about my freckles and my red cheeks that I just wanted to get rid of them, and I done that by layering my face in foundation - which wasn't even in the right shade.. oh the shame.. but eventually when I reached 17 I had finally perfected the art of "putting on my face" and could make it look natural and no one even knew it! 
I know that, when I was young being in a drugstore and seeing all the different types of make-up and tools and colours - it is really exciting and I couldn't wait to start experimenting with it.... so basically what I'm trying to say is.. wait to wear make-up until a good age - maybe 16/17 and try to make it as natural as possible, no one want's to look like they got gang banged by crayola lol- especially for school - but have fun with it too and experiment!

  


















Natural is Beautiful but Make-up is Glam  


2 comments:

  1. I was around the same age you were when I started wearing "makeup." All I wore was mascara and lipgloss really. But now a days, girls 11-13 are wearing FULL face makeup! Crazy.

    Just found your blog, I'm a newbie. Hope you can go by and check out my little blog. You have a new follower here!! :)

    Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete