Thursday 5 September 2013

College Update

So if you have been reading my blog etc. then you'll know that I recently got accepted into an NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy and I just wanted to do a quick update on how my first week went.
..
..
My first week, unfortunately wasn't based around my course. Instead, it was an Employability week which helps to develop your team work skills and all the other skills employers want, you even get a certificate as it is an actual qualification which is cool.
So basically, we were split into groups, I was with four other girls, whom of which are really nice, and we had to find a solution to a problem. We were then given the task to come up with a make-up look which to go with a certain fashion trend - the look could be literally anything, and it had to be in a powerpoint which we then had to present to the class. A winner was chosen, and they now have to present their powerpoint to the board of the college, scary bickies. 
..
..
The actually beauty course is starting this coming week so I'm SUPER excited. Overall I really like my classmates and tutors so, fingers crossed it all goes well
:)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're adapting well Rachel! I bet the beauty part of the course will give you opportunity to display your talents! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm trying to adapt haha never been in a class with only girls so that alone is a little weird :) but thank you! :)
      x

      Delete