Tuesday 29 October 2013

Book Review - The Liberator (Dante Walker #2) by Victoria Scott

Bad Boy meet Bad Girl
Dante has been granted a second chance with a shiny new cuff provided by Big Guy himself - he is now, a Liberator - to seal the souls of those who do good things for others and themselves. When Dante is given his first mission as a Liberator so save the soul of 17 year old Aspen, he knows he's got this, but Aspen reminds him of the rebellious life he used to live and is making it difficult to resist sinful temptations.
With Charlie becoming the girl she never was able to be pre-makeover and Aspen showing him how delicious it feels to embrace his inner beast - Dante will have to go somewhere he never thought he'd return to in order to save the girl he's been assigned to and keep the girl he loves.

I honestly wasn't sure whether this book would live up to the first instalment, The Collector - you can check out my review for it here - but I was wrong, it was just as good if not better! Dante is back and he's as incredibly irresistible as ever.

The plot for this book was a bit of a mystery until the last few chapters. No one is telling Dante why Aspen is so important - he only knows it has something to do with Charlie, but what? Throughout his time with Aspen, he learns a few things - she's troubled, she drinks to hid away from it and the people who she thinks are he friends are using her, and Dante has a suspicion it has to do with the assignment itself.
While Dante is away - Charlie is not being herself. She goes out, drinks, does dangerous dares with two guys she hardly even knows but worst of all - she pushes then pulls Dante. First she proclaims her love, then bites his head off. And I'll be honest, I wasn't all that fond of Charlie in this book. Her temperament was driving me insane and I wished Dante had seen that Aspen was basically perfect for him!
But anyway, when you get towards the end and the plot is finally uncovered and you know now why Aspen and Charlie for that matter are so important - you will be in shock. It was a pretty awesome plot and I know the next book will be just as awesome!

Dante was his usual self - cocky, badass and hilarious. It takes a while for him to get into the role of the liberator but when he does, he can feel the difference and he wants to help Aspen anyway he can. He becomes loyal like a brother and will do anything to complete his assignment.
Charlie like I said annoyed me - her mood swings were driving me insane.
Aspen I really liked - she was literally the girl version of Dante. She had a lot of troubles that she kept bottles up and because of that, she expressed herself differently, she was strong mentally and physically but loved with a ferocity that shocked me.
All of the other characters like Red, Max and Annabelle had a lot of input in this book also - they helped Dante and Charlie anyway they could in completing his mission even when he entered back into hell but they stayed true - which is a big thing to ask.

There is also a sneaky like twist which I loved and I guarantee you's will love it too! I was so shocked I honestly thought it was some kind of game and that it would turn out to be a disaster but it didn't.. and I loved it!
Overall a really good sequel to The Collector and I can't wait to read the next instalment! :D


2 comments:

  1. hrmm, I am going to have to pick up this book! Please check out my blog for my giveaway. I hope you will enter :)

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! As long as you have The Collector first though! :) and will do :)

      Delete