Sunday 20 October 2013

My Skincare Routine

Skincare is one of the most important part of our daily activities, no matter how old you are, what skin type you have and where you live. These are actually some of the main factors which influence what type of skincare regime you have. For example - people who live in colder climates would tend to have quite dry skin, and because it's cold, they would have the heating etc. turned on. But having the air conditioning on, drys your skin out more and can even make it dehydrated so it's imperative that people who live in colder climates drink the recommended 6-8 glasses of water a day and moisturise their skin in order to keep it healthy and moisturised. 

My skin type is Combination and I also have Sensitive skin so it's important that I use products that don't contain oil but have enough moisture to keep my skin nice and lubricated and that won;t be too harsh on my sensitive skin. I'm also quite prone to comedones (which are blackheads) so I need a few products to help minimise those.
The products which I use don't change that much because they're suited to my skin whether it becomes more dry, oily or both. But in Winter, my skin tends to be more on the dryer side so I use products which would help ease that and keep my skin moisturised.


As you can probably tell, I love Simple. It's great for people with sensitive skin and it also contains no oil so it won't make me more oily but at the same time is very moisturising. On my more oily days I tend to get quite a few spots and blackheads so for those I would use my Garnier Pure Active Anti-blackhead scrub which I have a post on if you want to check it out here along with my Clean&Clear blackhead clearing cleanser and for spots I would use my Tea Tree Oil which I also done a review on if you want to check it out here
On my dryer days, I would use my Simple Foaming Cleanser and it is quite moisturising and really gives you that squeaky clean feeling without leaving you dry. I would also use my Simple Oil balancing Exfoliator as it helps to balance the level of oil on my skin whilst also getting rid of any dry patches of skin I may have. For days when I'm staying in the house I would use my Simple day moisturiser and for days where I'm going out or heading to tech I would use my Nivea Express Hydration Primer for normal to combination skin which I have also done a review on if you want to check it out here and for my lips I would use my Carmex lip balm in Cherry flavour.

  
To remove my make-up I would use these Nivea wipes for dry and sensitive skin especially coming into the Winter months as they help to moisturise my skin.

Here are some tips to help you decide on what kind of skin regime you should have;
1. Skin Type - is your skin dry, oily or a combination?
2. Skin Condition - is your skin dehydrated, mature or sensitive?
3. What are your problem areas - blackheads, spots, eczema, milia? 
If you answer these, then you'll now what type of skincare routine you should have, and what products you'll need 

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know about your skincare routines, I'd love to read them! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your pretty blog, I'll be back more often =)
    I just started to follow you on Bloglovin', do you want to follow each other on GFC?
    Let me know so I can follow you back.
    Kisses, Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and yeas I'll follow you back on Bloglovin!
      And yeah deffo :)
      x

      Delete
  2. I'm here again :) I said I would came back :)

    Hey Rachel...
    You have such a pretty blog and that's why I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    For more information on how to receive the award, go to this link below. I hope you like it :)

    http://xoxocitygirl.blogspot.pt/2013/10/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete