Wednesday 2 October 2013

#MyStyle

I seen this tag over at themakeupchair's channel which you can find here on YouTube and I absolutely loved the concept of it. Basically her and a few other gurus have started this tag were, at the start of every month they talk about a certain style which they like - themakeupchair's was her Fall Lip Shades - which is what I have decided to do :)
Autumn/Fall is one of the best times of the year because there are so many different ways in which you can experiment and play around with your make-up! Especially if you're a beginner, this would be the best time to play around and come up with new looks and ideas.

So lets get started!

Look 1 - The Red Lip
Red Lips are definitely going to be big this season and I personally am a huge lover of the classic red lip. It suits every skin tone and even makes your teeth look whiter which is always a bonus! Red Lips - especially those which blue undertones are perfect for autumn/winter and are a classic statement piece which can jazz up any outfit! My favourite lipstick for this look currently is Rimmel Kate Lipstick in the shade 01


Look 2 - The Berry/Plum Lip
The Berry/Plum lip is also extremely popular especially around this time! Though I do think it takes people to be confident in order to pull this look off - it's not for the fair hearted! I personally love wear purple shades in autumn mostly because I think it goes so well with the season and the oncoming winter. I think purples can work well on all skin tones - you just have to find the right shade! My favourite for this is Maybelline 14hr Superstay lipstick in Plum



Look 3 - Brown/Black
I know that by looking at the title of this look - it sounds very scary, but I assure you it's not :) What I mean by "brown" is basically a plum shade that appears more brown than plum and by "black" I mean a very deep purple that depending on the light, will look black. I think these looks would definitely look better toward the end of autumn and the beginning of winter mostly because it get's colder, and it get darker so darker lips will help to accentuate the season and will co-ordinate with it. My lipsticks for these are Elf's Mineral Lipstick in Plum and Rimmel Kate's Lipstick in 04.








No comments:

Post a Comment