Monday 21 July 2014

Book Review - See Me by Wendy Higgins



While most seventeen year old American girls would refuse to let their parents marry them off to a stranger, Robyn Mason dreams of the mysterious McKale in Ireland, wondering how he’ll look and imagining his cute Irish accent. Prearranged bindings are common for magical families like her own, however when she travels to the whimsical Emerald Isle she discovers there’s more to her betrothal and McKale’s clan than she could have imagined.

What starts as an obligatory pairing between Robyn and McKale morphs over time into something they both need. But one giant obstacle stands in the way of their budding romance: a seductive and deadly Fae princess accustomed to getting what she wanted – and what she wants is McKale as her plaything.

Love, desire and jealousies collide as Robyn and McKale’s clan must work together to outsmart the powerful faeries and preserve the only hope left for their people. 


I honestly didn’t expect this kind of story from Wendy Higgins – I thought she would’ve stayed more towards maybe the Nephilim/Vampire section of fiction – but I’m certainly glad she didn’t! Living in Ireland myself I was so excited when I first seen that Wendy had wanted to write this book and that it was based in Ireland.

I really enjoyed this book, there is something just so different about it compared to the other books I’ve read. It was just something that was incredibly simple to read, the story was fast paced and easy to follow and something that would be enjoyed by anyone. I loved how the was some good honest humour in the book. Most books now I've noticed always end up trying too hard with the humour and in the end, it isn't even funny, or else it's just really awkward - but not this book, I actually laughed out loud at a few parts which I loved.
  Even with the relationship aspect of it it’s really relatable to girls – which I think most girls will agree with. That awkward first meet when you don’t know what to say or how to address someone even though you totally fancy them… it’s hard.



Robyn and McKale have a hard time getting to know and understand each other and they rarely would get the time too – which does start their relationship off a little rocky. McKale is shy and awkward around Robyn which makes her feel as though he doesn’t even like or find her attractive (see what I mean girls? Lol) And on top of this there is the Fae Princess – who really annoyed me, I wanted to slap her – I will admit though that she was very smart in her plans to get McKale, but she was just a b****.



I honestly just really love this book, as I said before its fast paced, the story line is awesome and the characters are lovable – minus the Fae Princess – and that just makes it a whole lot more interesting and fun to read. I can’t think of a bad thing to say about this book, the only thing I would say I didn’t like was the cover – it didn’t really do it for me to be honest 


No comments:

Post a Comment