Saturday 19 July 2014

Book Review - Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy #3) by Wendy Higgins

It's time.
Evil is running rampant, and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody know when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anythin necessary to rid the earth of demons and their oppressive ways.
The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forced proves to be perilous - especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust send Anna's great love, Kaiden Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she's prepared to risk.
In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet. Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom. 
 
Overall I must say, I really loved this series, between Sweet Evil, Sweet Peril and Sweet Reckoning, tears were shed, the laughs were out loud, the nerves were jittering and the smiles were often - so it hurts me to say this but... I was a bit let down with Sweet Reckoning not because the story wasn't great because it was, it just didn't really draw me in - I found it quite slow paced throughout and towards the end when I was expecting the grand finale - it just kind of sizzled. 
 
All of the characters are back in Sweet Reckoning which I loved - especially Kai (dreamy) and there were even some new editions that we only heard glimpses of in the past books so that was really good.
There was quite a lot of drama happening throughout the book as well especially between the Neph and Anna bestfriend Jay - some of the drama I was not expecting! Like at all, I honestly think I stared at the pages with my mouth hanging open in complete shock! haha those moments I think were the best, when I thought I new what was going to happen but it completely turned on its head and had me thing, (wtf...) 
 
I also loved the part at the end of book when we meet them again 6 years later - I wasn't expecting that and I was really surprised about what I read - I'll admit I got a bit teary, mostly from shock and happiness just the closeness I felt with the characters, it was a great insight into the adults that they've become and I was just incredibly happy for them
 But I don't want to go into too much detail about the drama and what not because I don't want to spoil it for anyone - but overally I would give this book a 3/5 because of the slow pace and also the fact that the cover was changed from red to pink.. Red signified Kai and Anna, it was their "colour" so to speak so I'm just baffled, but yeah :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment